Monday, October 17, 2011

thought no. 66

Sorry football fans, but I just cannot get excited by a game played by a bunch of millionaires. I mean, I don't get excited about polo, either.

And, in the days of the Occupy Wall Street movement, here's something for all you fans to consider:

1. The millionaire owners of the teams are in the 1%.
2. The millionaire players (at least the Big Boys) are in the 1%.
3. Many of those millionaires have built new stadiums with taxpayer money.
4. Why new stadiums? For more luxury skyboxes, of course. Who gets those skyboxes? The 1%, of course.
5. The worst part of all this: The 1% write off those skyboxes as a "business expense". I don't have documentation, but I'd guess no less than 90% are written off. That will be in every sport, in every major league stadium and arena in America.

No comments: